Acidity is responsible for the brightness and sweetness you taste in a cup of coffee.
If you require low acid coffee (referring to pH), here's a few things you can do:
- Look for Arabica coffees grown at lower elevations (we only do Arabica)
- Choose washed coffees. Naturals tend to be slightly more acidic
- Choose darker roasts
- Cold brewing extracts less acid from the coffee, yielding an extremely mild cup.
- Use freshly roasted coffee and brew only what you will drink immediately. Acids develop as the coffee degrades over time, both in the pot and on the shelf.
- Add dairy. Calcium will neutralize some of the acids.
- Snack on something containing fiber while enjoying your coffee.